Very First untethered Poetry Contest (Summer 2015)
FIRST PLACE $200 Grand Prize: “Jared and Luann Part 2” by Sara-Jane Gloutnez
“I like the flow of the sensual/sensuous imagery and the evocation of a magic-realist world that is more organic than imaginary.”
FIRST RUNNER-UP: “Oh, Just Browsing” by Trevor Abes
“This poem combines satirical sass with a pretty realistic depiction of a hospital gift-shop, and the ending is superb.”
SECOND RUNNER-UP: “From Detroit” by JM Francheteau
“This poem has rich, urban imagery to die for. It’s spellbinding in its Gothic mood.”
We’re having our Very First untethered Poetry Contest!
JUDGE: Toronto Poet Laureate, George Elliott Clarke
FIRST PRIZE: $200 + publication in untethered
RUNNERS-UP: publication in untethered
ENTRY FEE: $10
DEADLINE: April 26th, 2015
- Send us one poem. Your favourite poem, your best poem, whichever poem you like.
- Your poem must be original and previously unpublished.
- Poem can be a maximum of 100 lines.
- Only the winning poem and runners-up will be published in untethered.
- Poems submitted for the contest will not be considered for regular publication. If you wish to submit your poem as a regular submission as well, you may do that. Emails should be separate.
- Contest submissions should be emailed to untetheredmagazine [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Subject header must read “poetry contest submission.”
- Entry fee of $10 can be paid either as a eTransfer or through PayPal, both to untetheredmagazine [at] gmail [dot] com. Please specify when making the payment that it is the “poetry contest entry fee.”