After three years of celebrating untethered, and our talented contributors, online – WE’RE BACK and throwing an IN-PERSON Re-Launch Party and Fundraiser!
It has been so long since we have been able to connect with our contributors and readers face-to-face and we absolutely CANNOT wait to gather with you all, our fantastic community, to listen and share beautiful words together.
We really hope you will join us.
YOU’RE INVITED – SAVE THE DATE
The ReLaunch event will be held at one of our all-time favourite venues, The Supermarket (268 Augusta Ave, Toronto) on the evening of Wednesday, June 15th from 7-10 PM. You can find the Facebook event page here to stay up to date with all the new info.
The evening will include readings from contributors across TWELVE ISSUES and EIGHT YEARS of untethered, (where has the time gone?!) followed by an hour-long open mic where anyone is invited to sign up and share their stuff.
Reader Line-Up: The roster of readers is still growing as I type this but you can expect to hear new and archived work from some of your favourite past untethered contributors including…
Josh Edgar, Carol Harvey Stetski, Khashayar Mohammadi, Diana Manole, Karen Mulhallen, Christine Tran, Michael Russell, Trevor Abes, Fran Westwood, Lana Crossman, Guy Elston, Ellen Chang-Richardson, André Babyn, Vannessa Barnier, Rasiqra Revulva, Wren Jones Jason Paradiso, Andrew Simpson and MORE!
Featured readers have not been asked to read pieces that appear in untethered, but rather simply any piece they’ve been itching to read upon a stage. We’re so excited to hear what they choose!
We will, of course, also be holding our coveted raffle draw!! This year we’re doing something a bit different. We have a raffle prize line-up just dripping with the full-length volumes, chapbooks, and collections from some of our hottest past contributors, including:
- These are not the potatoes from my youth (Goose Lane Editions, 2019) by Matthew Walsh,
- Myself a Paperclip (Goose Lane Editions, 2021) by Triny Finlay
- You, Me, Then Snow (Gordon Hill Press, 2021) by Khashayar Mohammadi
- Cracker Jacks for Misfits (Exile Editions, 2019) + under insides (Frog Hollow Press, 2021) by Christine Ottoni
- Suture (Book*hug Press, 2021) by Nicole Brewer
- Unlucky Fours (Anstruthers Press, 2020) by Ellen Chang-Richardson
- rump + flank (NeWest Press, 2021) by Carol Harvery Stetski
- Tiny Ruins (Radiant Press, 2020) by Nicole Haldoupis (untethered co-founder)
- Release Any Words Stuck Inside You Anthology I (Applebeard Editions, 2018)
- Release Any Words Stuck Inside You Anthology II (Applebeard Editions, 2019)
- CAROUSEL magazine back issue prize pack
- One-year subscription to untethered Magazine
Raffle tickets will be sold before the readings begin as well as during the break but prizes will be drawn all night so scoop ‘em quick!
We will be accepting PWYC donations at the door and selling our three pandemic-launched issues (including our Poetry Special Issue, hot off the press!) at a sweet, sweet discount as well as the rest of our available back issues.
We will also be holding a book sale of literary journal back issues that Steph has been hoarding away over the years. Pick up multiple years-worth of your favourite journals like Room, Fiddlehead, Tin House, Grain, Taddle Creek, PRISM, Qwerty, and other small mag gems! Single Issues for $3! Three Books for $5! Five Books for $10.
We really hope you will join us for what will be an EPIC night of literary delights!
hours minutes seconds
untethered In-Person ReLaunch