Do you want to work with team untethered to produce high-quality print journals that feature work from emerging and established writers? We’re a small team and always need a hand.
Current Opportunities at untethered
- First Readers: delve into the virtual stack of submissions we receive and help us narrow down our options by telling us which pieces caught your eye and held your attention.
- Copy Editors: if you have a strong grasp on syntax and grammar and enjoy making pieces, whether prose or poetry, shine then this is a position you’ll love.
- Proofreaders: we always need fresh eyes to read through the digital files to ensure our formatting is consistent and that we haven’t missed any errors. If you love finding typos in books, you’ll love proofreading.
- Layout and Design: if you have an passion for aesthetics and experience with InDesign we’d love to have you come on board as a designer.
Are you looking for a more hands-on experience? We are looking to onboard more full-time team members in the following positions:
- Nonfiction Editor: read through nonfiction submissions chosen by our first readers and select pieces for inclusion in the upcoming issue. Work with the authors via email to polish the prose in editing phases and proofread the final versions before sending to layout.
Send an email to email@example.com with “Joining the Team” in the subject line telling us a bit about yourself and answer some of the questions below so we can get a better idea of who you are and why you’d make a great addition to our team.
- why do you want to work with untethered specifically?
- what experience do you have in similar positions, if any?
- are there any pieces we’ve published that speak to you, or you’ve really enjoyed? If so, which ones?
- which position(s) you are interested in.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We can’t wait to hear from you.